Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Please refer to the Legislative Information Center for an accurate meeting schedule, as well as the meeting agendas and minutes.
There are no items to display at this time
The purpose of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee is to implement the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan. The BPAC ensures that bicycle and pedestrian projects in the city are consistent with the Plan through:
- Planning for future bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Reviewing public and private development plans and proposals for bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Coordinating and partnering with multiple jurisdictions (City, County, LAPC, and State)
- Public outreach (bicycle registration, bike barn, etc.)
Powers and Duties
The powers and duties of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee shall consist of:
- Advise the Common Council on updating, maintaining, and implementing the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan and the Transportation Element of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Work to achieve Bicycle-Friendly Community Gold designation and Walk-Friendly Community designation.
- Promoting the integration of bicycling and walking in the City of La Crosse’s planning, engineering, design, and development of transportation facilities by implementation of the Green Complete Streets Ordinance.
- Make recommendations to the City with regard to the capital and operating budget to identify bicycle and pedestrian needs, services, programs, or facilities.
- Work with the local organizations and programs to educate all age groups on safe bicycling and walking skills.
- Developing and distributing informational, educational and promotional materials for bicyclists, pedestrians and motorists.
- Work with the WisDOT, LAPC, School District of La Crosse and other Agencies and City Departments to ensure these entities are aware of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan and its relevance to those entities plans, programs, policies, and projects.
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee has 7 members. All members shall be residents of the City and consist of: 1) City Traffic Engineer, 2) one at-large representative with interest and expertise in bicycle and pedestrian issues, 3) one Council Member appointed by the Mayor subject to approval by the Council, 4) one member representing Safe Routes to School initiatives, 5) one member representing Healthy Living initiatives, 6) one member representing Bicycle and Pedestrian advocacy issues, and 7) one member representing the City of La Crosse Police Department.
Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Committee Secretary
400 La Crosse St., La Crosse, WI 54601
(608) 789-7512 ext. 11301