Loose Leaf Collection
Leaf collection starts October 1, 2018 and will run, weather permitting, into the month of December. A sweep is complete when the crews have worked from the north end to the south end of the city. Crews can usually make approximately four sweeps through the city in that time. Use the Leaf Collection Map to see where crews are working and for more detailed information, enter your address in the search bar and click on the street in front of your home. We update the map, both phone lines, and our City of La Crosse Street Department and City of La Crosse Refuse & Recycling Department Facebook pages daily during leaf collection. For phone updates call Street Dept, 789-7340, option 3 or Refuse & Recycling Dept, 789-7508 option 3.
Placement of Leaves: Leaves must be placed on the boulevard for collection. Pickup DOES NOT coincide with your garbage or recycling collection day.
For Ease of Collection:
- Parking in front of the piles slows down collection time so if you see a truck working, wait until they are done or park behind them. It will take them a moment to clear the leaves and continue on.
- Do not put leaf piles into the street, gutter, or over catch basins. It prevents clogging the storm drain.
- Do not pile leaves around trees or poles.
- Leaves mixed with brush or covered will not be collected.
Leaf Disposal Locations: These sites are only open during leaf season. All bags (paper & plastic) and containers must be emptied out and taken with you, do not leave them at the drop off site. Locations other than Isle La Plume, will be marked out in orange snow fence.
Wittenberg Park (parking lot)
- Hummingbird Rd off of County B
- South end of West Copeland Park (by boat harbor)
- Kane Street Garden
- Myrick Park (parking lot east of gun shelter)
- Isle La Plume
SW corner of Bennett St & 16th St S (Trane parking lot)
Shelby Ball Field Parking lot off of 33rd St
East end of Scarlett Dr
East end of Sunnyside Dr off of Hwy 35
After the Isle La Plume Brush & Yard Waste site at 2000 Marco Dr. closes for the season, you can still drop off leaves just south of the site, M-F 11am-6pm and Sat/Sun 11am-4pm. Leaves may also be taken to the La Crosse County Solid Waste Facility. Contact them at (608) 785-9572.